Top 10 Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in 2010. It combines what I love most in this world into one—lists, books, and blogging. It couldn’t be any better suited for me! This week I’m going to be slightly embarrassed to list some of the books on my shelf that I haven’t read from before my blogging days. I’ve only been blogging for a little over a year now, so this shouldn’t be too bad. Let’s get started!
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Even though I’ve started it more times than I can count.
2. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
It’s been daringly sitting on my bedside table for a month now.
3. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
I bought it. I put it on a shelf. And I haven’t looked it in the eye since.
4. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
I read the first page when I was eight as a dare and haven’t looked at the thing since.
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Another one I’ve started with great intentions but always found something more appealing on my shel.
6. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
It’s just so daunting!
7. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
I always buy books with good intentions.
8. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
But I’m working on it!
9. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
It’s been on my list since high school — it might soon come off it!
10. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
I brought it on vacation so there is a high likelihood I will finish it!
What books have you had on your TBR list for a little too long to be acceptable? Let me know in the comments below!
One Reply to “Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Still Need to Read”
OMG! Thanks for reminding me that I still need to read the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia! 😛 I get what you mean when a book is on your TBR for so long even though you’ve tried to read it; you just don’t want to give up on reading it yet! 😉